Watson Flowers was founded in 1927 by Charles and Irene Watson. Irene began in the floral industry by growing her own flowers and selling them right from her own home. In the 1930s, Grandma Irene purchased 2,000 rose bushes and went door to door selling her roses. She quickly became known in town as "The Rose Lady." With the profit she made selling the rose bushes she purchased a farm to grow her business. Though the farm is not there anymore, the original building is still there and is managed by Charles and Irene's great grandsons.