Historic Rock Island Depot- Constructed 1910
4 Rock Island Road
Liberal, KS 67901
The Rock Island Depot was restored in 1998 and is home to the City of Liberal Economic Development office and the Chamber of Commerce. The first depot, connected to the Grier Eating House and Cimarron Hotel, was a handsome wooden plank construction. It was destroyed by fire in 1910. The replacement depot, which still stands, was made of stucco plaster. Collection of railroad memorabilia.