Thacher Island was sighted by Champlain in 1605, by Captain John Smith in 1614, and by how many more before that, nobody knows. A total restoration of the brick two story duplex Assistant keepers quarters and a guest apartment on the Island took place during the summer of 2002 allowing the Town to begin renting the guest apartment and providing an income stream to be used for further restoration. The Association maintains volunteer keepers on the Island during the summer months to assist and inform visitors, and to provide the daily upkeep needed for a ship-shape facility. Guest must bring their own linens, water, and food.
What our users are saying about Thacher Island Campground & Lighthouse | Rate Thacher Island Campground & Lighthouse
Gloucester Area Attractions