A historic, 88,000 square foot home built by Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of automobile pioneer John Dodge; and her second husband, lumber broker Alfred Wilson. A National Historic Landmark, the Meadow Brook Hall represents "one of the finest examples of Tudor-Revival architecture in America." It has 23 bedrooms, 24 bathrooms, five staircases, and 24 fireplaces. In 1957, the Wilsons donated their residence, its collections, the estate's 1,500 acres, and $2 million to found what would become Oakland University. Meadow Brook Hall is open year-round for public tours. Guided tours last about one hour.