This 135-acre memorial park was the location of the Confederate Soldiers Home of Missouri. Opened in 1891, the Confederate Home provided refuge to more than 1,600 veterans and their families for almost 60 years. The last of these former rebel soldiers, John T. Graves, died at the home in 1950, at the age of 108. At one point, the property consisted of 30 buildings, a farm and dairy, and a memorial park. The home even generated its own electricity and steam heat. Today the grounds include the century-old chapel and cottage, a farmhouse, and the 1920's-era hospital building. The historic cemetery and restored chapel are both listed on the National Register of Historic Places.