Port Gibson, MS 39150
Only 23 columns remain of what once was a grand 17,000 square foot home destroyed by a fire in 1890. There were 29 45-foot columns supporting the roof line of "the largest antebellum Greek Revival mansion ever built in the state." It included a ground floor basement with school room, doctor's office, commissary, dairy and storage rooms, three hallways, and 23 to 25 rooms, each with its own fireplace; on the second and third floors. It served as a Confederate observation platform and signal station and a Union hospital and an observation station after the Battle of Port Gibson.