Jaffrey, NH 03452
Virgo Brandt-Erickson, a Danish sculpture and artist of much talent constructed a plaster image of the "Buddy Memorial" in 1928. He built the memorial out of a stone taken from Jaffrey. The massive 40 ton stone was moved to East Jaffrey over a six week period. Mr. Erichsen began construction of the memorial which took him almost two years. On Armistice Day, November 11th, 1930 the Memorial was dedicated where it sits today.