Adams Museum54 Sherman Street
Deadwood, SD 57732
Built by Deadwood businessman and former mayor W.E. Adams in 1930, as a tribute to Black Hills pioneers and in memory of his deceased first wife and two daughters, the Adams Museum "is considered the Black Hills’ oldest history museum." The year-round Adams Museum includes a one-of-a-kind plesiosaur, the Thoen Stone, W.E. Adams’ love letters, a lively folk art collection, Lakota bead and quill work, and Potato Creek Johnny’s gold nugget.