The original Spotsylvania Courthouse sustained damage during the Civil War necessitated major repairs in 1870. By 1900, the building was declared unsafe and a new, enlarged building of similar design was constructed on the site. The orriginal Doric columns were salvaged and put in place. In 1964, the wing on the southwest corner was added to house government offices.
What our users are saying about Spotsylvania Courthouse | Rate Spotsylvania Courthouse
Spotsylvania Area Attractions