Library service in Aberdeen began in 1890 with the donation of 150 books housed in the Oddfellows Hall. It then moved to a reading room donated by Jacob Weatherwax in 1891. After a city ordinance incorporated the library in 1902, it settled into its current location with the construction of a Carnegie building in 1908. This historical building was replaced with the current library building in 1966. The City of Aberdeen contracted for library service from Timberland Regional Library beginning in 1969.