Mining Museum & Rollo Jamison Museum
405 East Main Street; P.O. Box 780
Platteville, WI 53818
Located side by side at the eastern end of Platteville's downtown historic district, the Mining Museum & Rollo Jamison Museum include an underground guided tour of the 1845 Bevans Lead Mine, a ride in a 1931 Whitcomb 5-ton mine locomotive aboveground and exhibits relating to Platteville and area history. The Rountree Gallery, featuring works by area artists, is located on the second floor of the Mining Museum building.