Bridgeport, WV 26330
The Bowstring Bridge was built in 1924 to provide access between the Bridgeport Lamp Chimney Company's glass plant and warehouse. The factory closed in 1973 and was acquired by the City of Bridgeport. The Bridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. Renovation, which began in 1996, was completed in 1998. The bridge is useful once again as a walkway connecting two recreational areas.